Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Life is Beautiful & Chamomile Tea

I've been pretty blah lately. Things have been heavy, I've felt rushed, like there's so much to do (personally, professionally, in the community and our collective society) and I can't seem to fit it all in, and not fitting it in means I'm not succeeding, not doing enough, not doing well enough, just not enough. Not enough, Not enough. Not enough. I know many of us are feeling these things, there's been so much going on.

This morning, I opened up Gabby Bernstein's "The Universe Has Got Your Back" and recognized a similar story to what I've been experiencing. As I have been telling myself I'm not enough, I feel I don't want to be seen, I don't want to be heard, I'm not good enough for that. I want to be safe, I want to be small and on and on and on.

And what do I get from those feelings? In some areas I feel I want to be small, I want to be safe, I want to be quiet, I don't want to be seen. At the same time, in other areas where I'd prefer to be relaxed, I get The Universe calling me to step into my power. To step in, lean in, embrace this power. The Universe is guiding me to do so despite the fear talk that wants to keep me safe and small.  I cannot run from it. You cannot run from your life, from your duty, from your purpose, it will always find you, it will always follow you, it is what you are meant for! My voice is being called to be heard, I am called to be seen, I am called to make my name, face, opinion known. It is mine, it is me, it is enough! I am enough. I am enough. I am enough. My voice matters. I matter. 

During my reading, I made annotations, as usual, comparing excerpts with the movie Life is Beautiful and the book The Alchemist, among other things. I liked how she suggested asking to be guided by the Universe, looking for the guidance, and trusting in it once it presents itself. So I began my day on that foot, thinking, "Okay, Universe, I am here because you put me here and I will trust and follow your signs. I will get out of the way and trust whole-heartedly in all that you are presenting me with. Please guide me and show me the way I should go." 

With that in mind, I hopped into an uber and the driver, super peppy and positive, wished me, "Happy New Year!" and our conversation flowed. He spoke of the music on his radio, west coast electric rock and roll, and totally recommended it for good vibes. I shared with him the ickiness I've been feeling lately, how in actuality things are pretty great, I just always seem to fall into complaining or sitting in the blah-ness instead of shifting and choosing to see the good. That's my journey, I guess, that's all of our journeys. He then recommended "herbal teas", specifically chamomile, "it's a great one". All right, Mike, thanks! And off I went.

... the day goes on, and I recognize the signs. The teacher of the kids' dance class tells me she felt inspired to use this song for their dance routine because of the movie Life is Beautiful... and I'm like, wait whatttt?! Life is Beautiful? Really? Check out my annotation from this morning. Thanks, Universe, noted. Life. is Beautiful. Then, my friend from work who is super geeky into herbalism and makes awesome teas, makes me an elderberry blend to help with my sore throat/sinus stuff going on. As we're sitting there, she says, "You want to know why Chamomile tea is so great?" And again, I'm like... wait whattttt... Chamomile? Really? Thanks, Universe! There you go again. She then proceeds to tell me about the magic of the plant and why it actually does what it does to uplift us. And so it goes... I asked to be guided, I was given the guidance, and I roll with it. Life is Beautiful... and Chamomile tea. Keep it simple. Just like that.

#spiritguides #theuniverse #youareit #shareyourstory #wakeup #magiceverywhere #itsallhappening #healerhealthyself #takeiteasy #takeitslow #Iamenough

No comments:

Post a Comment