Thursday, February 2, 2017

Baby Steps

My messages from the universe today: have patience with yourself, everything is learning, be kind, be gentle, take it easy, step by step. As a recovering perfectionist, I recognize when my mind seeks to control and have everything just as it has imagined. When things aren't that way or seem to take longer than expected, I get agitated and second guess.

Maybe this isn't meant for me, maybe this isn't really what I want, maybe this is just not meant to be, this is just horrible, not good enough, it needs to be this way now!... the focus, rather, as I recover from these tendencies is on the process and the enjoyment of where I am at that moment.

Did I want to ask this person about something I heard them talking about? Did I enjoy a class and share my appreciation with the teacher or other students? Did I start a conversation and find our common thread (because there ALWAYS is one)? Did I find the beauty and perfection in the moment, whatever or how ever it looks like? It's coming to the realization that everything, when you fall, when you balance, when you laugh, when you cry, ALL of it, is just as it should be. When you recognize the ups and downs, the fluctuations of these brief and fleeting moments, you can begin to appreciate it all; the highs, the lows the excitement, and the mundane, because the truth is you are SO MUCH MORE than all of that.

The truth is you are being born everyday. You are learning every moment. By focusing on how you want to feel and where you want to go, you will be able to recognize the necessity of being kind to yourself. Life is a marathon, not a sprint. Take it easy, take care, listen to your BODY and what it is telling you. Keep your eyes on the prize and that will keep your day to day actions focused and clear. Whereever you are headed on this journey, know that all of it, ALL of it, is taken in baby steps. One step at a time. Be patient with yourself, everything will come to you in just the right time. Keep. On. Keeping. On.

#theuniversespeaks #trusttheprocess #followtheyellowbrickroad #patience #courage #babysteps #magiceverywhere #itsallhappening

No comments:

Post a Comment