Tuesday, December 6, 2016

#magiceverywhere

It really is. It's late and I've had a headache all day so I'm just going to keep this short and too the point. Also, the headache may be a result of me staying up last night writing after finally admitting to myself that I'd like to make writing a part of my life. For Real. Sometimes I get REALLY into things and it's hard for me to pull myself out. You know... FLOW. Yea, that's for another day. So anywho, yes. Today. Magic.

The bit of magic I observed today was another awesome synchronicity that reminds me that I am in exactly the right place. A student from the studio came in for the first time the other day. It surprised me that she was already a member as I had never seen her face before. Usually how it goes is introduction, new student deal, talk about classes, exchange emails and then membership. A new face as a member was surprising. After her class she asked me about the new student intro and I realized that she had just signed up for a membership without actually ever trying the classes. What we ended up doing was beginning our conversation. And if you have ever had a conversation with me, you know how that goes. We always go around to similar things related to travel, Spain, languages, food, smells, the United States of America, New York, yoga, consciousness, how it's all the same story. Repeat. Not to say conversations with me are boring, I would actually say quite the opposite. I am a great conversationalist, when I'm in the mood/have the energy. So turns out she had also lived in Spain, had just come back from Colombia, had traveled to Bali and recommended I visit the place she went to study. She then recommended a book for me to read (LOVE when people do that!), and it was just a pleasure to speak with one another. We had so much in common.

Today she walks through the door and says, "You know my friend, she said she was your teacher. I think she teaches Spanish or something..." And I'm in my head like... who? what? I haven't ever had a Spanish teacher here in New York. Could it be one of my master's professors? No way... could it be her? She then proceeds to describe her physically: short, brown hair, beautiful bright blue eyes. And I give her last name as a question. "Yes! She's my neighbor!" I couldn't believe it but at the same time recognized the perfection of that connection. It was the professor I had met with the morning of  having that enthraling conversation with her last week. It was the professor that has been instrumental in me getting to where I am today. The professor who I owed my final, final, final paper of my master's program. The last paper that I had to complete for a Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. The paper that took me a year to complete. That was about a school that I had dreamed up in my head and turned out to exist right down the road from my home and my yoga studio. A school that the owner of the studio sends her kids to and is the reason we were initially introduced. And all of it is traced back... on and on and on, in this magical web of miracles. I just love it. I know that there are no coincidences, that it is all happening exactly as it should. That I am in just the right place at just the right time. Life is just... really... magical. #goodnight #sleeptight #magiceverywhere #itsallhappening #trusttheprocessofyourlife

No comments:

Post a Comment