Thursday, December 8, 2016

When You're Tired

So I realize that I try to do a lot. I spend much of my time giving and doing and while it re-energizes me in some ways, it also requires, in exchange, great rest and even hibernation to recharge! I also realize that I haven't lived by long-term schedules or plans. I'm starting to recognize a shift, though. I'm seeing that the more long-term I think, the more intentional my actions here and now have purpose. They have meaning and significance. In this way it becomes easier for me to tune in to what it is I really want and what is in alignment with my truth, my intuition, my soul's purpose and mission in this life. BUT, when I'm tired, that goes out the door.

Today was one of those days, really. It's on the tired days that the magic escapes me, time escapes me, and I feel like I'm just going along slowly, in a haze. This is not how I want to go about my life. Feeling slow, like I'm always at the heels of something, just a tad behind. And I also have seen that it is usually not just me. That when I feel this, others feel this and it is more collective than individual. We go through patterns and waves.

This morning when I woke up, I felt fine and I remember my roommate was talking about how tired she was... then my yoga teacher's balance was off, the cars were driving funky, and I was running late. It seems we all mirror each other... or it could be my perception. I think it's about 50/50... that is, just like everything in life. So for today, I'll leave it at that. To remain connected and aware of the magic all around, we must be willing to put ourselves first, knowing that the more time and love we give to ourselves, the more we are able to be there for others. This is my journey and the journey of all of us. See you on the road. #theroadlesstraveled #healerhealthyself #getsomesleep #selfcare #nightnight #sleeptight #loquetepideelcuerpo #siestasenNYCplz

Me as a puppy:


No comments:

Post a Comment