Friday, December 16, 2016

Receive

Instead of the endless planning and to do lists, let us receive. When we go with the flow of life, things present themselves to us just as they should. This is not easy for me, and something about being here in New York and the winter makes it super challenging. I want to hibernate. Interacting with people becomes more taxing. But when I just let things be and watch them unfold, remain open to receiving that which I have called in for myself, and recognize it as a gift , embracing with love, life can just be one miracle after the next.

Tonight after work I had to run some errands and pick up some things for a work potluck tomorrow night. I went and got what I needed from the supermarkets and then last stop before home was the liquor store. I step in and the air smells of alcohol, there are way more people than I ever see in there, and there are stands with people giving out samples! Free alcohol on a Friday night?! Across the street from my house?! This should happen every Friday night! And then, after exclaiming this to the crowd, I found it it does hahaha And I replied with, "Can you tell I don't go out on fridays?" To the line of people waiting to purchase. I was glad to make them chuckle.

A young, handsome man with a super long beard and dark camo green outfit starts to talk to me about the free wine samples, I swear I knew him from somewhere. He shook my hand and introduced himself. I was a little sketched out at first, but that's just my New York, put up a barrier, prepare to defend thing that comes out, not a fan of it, but it's what the city does to us often times. So I humored him with light conversation and then I realized he actually was a chill person. He made a comment about everyone being the same, and that was that. Friends, at least allies at the moment. We continued to talk, turns out him and his girlfriend live a few blocks away and he is the chef at one of the restaurants right by my house. We've seen each other often over the past several years outside of our building. His restaurant has the same super as my building and they may be interested in hooking up with us to work with management to solve some ongoing issues with the building. We seemed to have a lot in common as well, he practices martial arts and has dabbled in yoga. And I genuinely enjoyed the conversation. I was proud of myself. I was proud of myself for letting him in, for letting the opportunity in, for allowing the chance to make a friend, to receive kindness and connection. So often I am focused on what I want and how to get it, or where I'm going and how I will get there that LIFE slips along by. What an exercise in awareness, to receive, to allow, even when all we want to do is hide away. And sometimes we hide. And sometimes what we need is just the opposite, to connect, to receive.

In the words of the Beatles (which, by the way, I cannot believe I have not quoted yet!) "When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, Let it Be. And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me, speaking words of wisdom, Let it Be" When we don't know, when we're confused or stuck or uptight, let it be. Let things move at their own pace. Do what you can and wait. All will come to you in its divine time. Just wait, and when it comes, be ready to receive.
#receive #trusttheprocessofyourlife #letitbe #receive #feminine #selflove #magiceverywhere #itsallhappening

No comments:

Post a Comment