Monday, December 19, 2016

Seasons

I haven't written in a few days and I definitely feel the unwinding of the routine. But here I am, back to it! I was thinking about this today, that we have a choice in these situations. When we are beginning to implement something, or have implemented something and then fall off. It's always a choice to start back up or to let things dwindle out. Ultimately, what's meant to be will be, and you will find yourself missing it, returning to it, or not. I began comparing these thoughts to the seasons. Initially, the seasons of weather patterns, of different geographic location. Here in New York, we experience the four seasons, the ebbs and flows, the birth, maturation, death, and renewal, the changes, the cycle, the circle of life. Although I grew up in New Jersey and "should" be accustomed to these seasons by now, I can't say that I am. Maybe it's because I have lived without them, or maybe it's just something about the seasons in this city, at this time. It's probably all of it.


To feel the seasons, to know the seasons, to accept the seasons, is a great skill. It shows your flexibility, your trust, your surrender to what is. It reminds me of the Fleetwood Mac song, "Landslide", specifically the lines, "Can I sail through the changing ocean tides? Can I handle the seasons of my life?" I've been singing this to myself all day long. It's like each day has a theme and this was the one for today. Check it out:

So it's not just seasons as patterns of weather, but seasons of life. Not just ages, but even experiences from day to day. Life will not always be consistent. Life will not always be predictable. Life will not always be erratic. Life will not always be vacillating. Life will always be. Life will always change. Life will always move. Life will always bring you just what you need. Life will always be a miracle. Life will always be a gift. 

In this season of wind, of cold, of movement, of craze, of disconnect from our earth, our ground, our selves as beings not "doings", of being enough just as we are, let us remember, this is just a season. It is during this time that it is MOST important to come back into ourselves. To rest, relax, recharge, nourish, support, feed, and comfort. When everything around you seems to be swirling in the winter winds of change, remember it is just a season. This, too, shall pass. 
Instead of being swept up, batten down. Give yourself what you need.
#youvegotthis #ground #root #return #getquiet #rest #relax #recharge #vatabalance #ayurveda #healerhealthyself #knowthyself #magiceverywhere #itsallhappening

I recommend this herbal blend to boil for aromatherapy (grounding & nourishing) and to drink as tea:
Cloves
Cardamom
Ginger
Turmeric

No comments:

Post a Comment